We are 100% committed to ensuring your privacy. We respect your need for appropriate protection and management of the personal identifiable information that you share with us when accessing our eApple Platform.
“Personal identifiable information" is all information specific to you that you provide to us online when accessing and making use of our eApple Platform and its services. Such information primarily includes personal data such as your full name, personal telephone numbers (home/ office/ cellular), your addresses (residential / postal/ office), ID number and card details (card number and card verification value (CVV)).
Your card information such as your card number and card verification value (CVV), will be required for payment. Note that for your protection, your Bank card information that is used to purchase apples will never be stored by the application, nor is it stored by the payment gateway platform. This is in line with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
We will never request this information from you, over any communication channel including, but not limited to telephone, email, short message service (SMS) and social media channels.
When will we ask you to furnish us with your personal identifiable information?
How do we use your personal identifiable information?
- This is limited to your full name, personal telephone numbers (home/ office/ cellular), and your addresses (residential/ postal/ office) and ID number.
- Because we are committed to respecting your privacy, we will only use your personally identifiable information in the normal course of our business to provide you with the products and services you have requested. In order to combat incidents of fraud, your personal identifiable information will also be used to positively identify you when you contact us.
- It will also enable us to maintain contact with you and give us the opportunity to inform you about any updates e.g. on your order. It’s just another way we try to continuously meet your expectations and ensure that together we do better by adding value for you.
Will we ever divulge your personally identifiable information to third parties?
- Due to our commitment to uphold your privacy, we will not, sell, trade, provide or make your personally identifiable information available to third parties for independent use.
We may release your personally identifiable information when believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with legal requirements as prescribed by legislation, the judiciary or any supervisory or regulatory authority
- Protect the rights, property or safety of the eApple Platform, the Apple Project and Bank Windhoek Limited, its other users, and the public.
Can you confirm the correctness of your personally identifiable information that we collect?
- Yes. In the event that you ever question or dispute the accuracy of your personally identifiable information held by us, please contact MuukuaV@bankwindhoek.com.na.
How is your personal identifiable information protected?
We are committed to providing secure online banking services. As such, all interactions with our website are protected through encryption that complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of your personal identifiable information when completing online application forms. Our Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Access to information on these servers is restricted to authorised personnel only. We have also employed the services of independent security experts to test and advise us on the security of our systems and to ensure that our systems' security complies with internationally accepted standards.
Remember, we will never ask you to share any authentication information such as your personal identification number (PIN), passwords, credentials or your card number and (card verification value) CVV, via telephone, our website(s), email, short message service (SMS), or any other communication channel.
If anyone contact you requesting such sensitive information from you, please report this incident immediately to your nearest Bank Windhoek branch or to our 24-hour Customer Contact Centre via telephone on +264 61 299 1200 or +264 83 299 1200, or via email to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement at any time. All amendments to this statement will be posted on the website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version of this statement shall supersede and replace all previous versions of the statement.
Whom do you contact if you have questions about this privacy statement?
If you have any questions or do not understand anything in these conditions, please contact us via e-mail at MuukuaV@bankwindhoek.com.na